FHA Suspends Foreclosures and Evictions Amid COVID-19
Today, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) published Mortgagee Letter 2020-04, “Foreclosure and Eviction Moratorium in Connection with the Presidentially-Declared COVID-19 National Emergency,” which announces an immediate foreclosure and eviction moratorium for all FHA-insured single-family mortgages for a 60-day period. Read today’s Press Release from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on the subject.
The Secretary of HUD authorized these moratoriums as a result of the national emergency declared by the President of the United States. They are part of a broader federal government effort to address impacts to the financial well-being of individuals, families, and businesses, and to ensure families are not displaced during this critical period.
Updates to Single Family’s COVID-19 Q&A Available
FHA has developed and is maintaining a Q&A document to provide stakeholders with the latest information about FHA’s response to the Presidentially-declared COVID-19 national emergency. An updated version of the FHA Single Family COVID-19 Q&A is now posted.
- View Mortgagee Letter 2020-04 and all other archived Mortgagee Letters at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee
- Access the HUD Press Room at: https://www.hud.gov/press
- View the FHA COVID-19 Q&A on the Single-Family main page on hud.gov at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh
Contact the FHA Resource Center:
- Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at: www.hud.gov/answers.
- E-mail the FHA Resource Center at: email@example.com. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
- Call 1-800-CALLFHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.
FHA INFO Archives: Visit the FHA INFO Archives to access FHA INFO messages issued from 2012 to the present.
To subscribe to the Single Family FHA INFO mailing list you can use this link: FHA INFO or send a request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bulk subscriptions: To sign up your entire office or a large group, send the list of email addresses (in the format below) to: email@example.com
To Unsubscribe follow the unsubscribe instructions on that page.